Making your everyday life brighter, warmer and more connected is our most important job. Behind the scenes, we work around the clock to keep our communities up and running. However, we are also working towards something bigger – a sustainable Växjö. As a Växjö Energi customer, you help to ensure a different, even greener future.
Since December 2019
- All fuel used in Växjö Energi’s production is fossil free. Fossil-free fuel means biogas, HVO, RME and electricity. Fuels such as natural gas, peat, E85, heating oil, diesel mixed with HVO, diesel, petrol, alkylate petrol and the like are classified as fossil fuels.
- This also applies to the fuels used to power our machinery and vehicles (wheel loaders, forklifts, lawnmowers, tool carrier tractors, trucks, cars, shared cars, etc.).
- All business travel (flights*, car journeys) should be undertaken using fossil-free fuels.
- The fossil fuel-free requirement also applies to contracted vehicle services, such as those encompassing tractors, excavators, machinery and mobile cranes.**
- Even transportation as a service (bus travel) should be fossil free.
* All exceptions to the fossil fuel-free requirement must be reviewed and then approved by the CEO.
** In procurement, for example, a premium should be placed on tenderers who can offer fossil fuel-free deliveries of goods as well as on consultants, technicians and/or other workers who travel fossil fuel-free when commissioned by Växjö Energi.
The following exceptions apply to fossil fuel-free operations:
- Smaller mobile generators for powering motorised pumps, power tools, welding equipment and the like.
- Liquefied petroleum gas used to ignite start-up burners for bio-oil at Sandviksverket a few times a year as well as in workshops and service trucks for heating and welding.
- Long business trips where neither a video conference nor a means of transport other than air is considered a suitable option.